Our nationwide economic crisis is creating financial difficulties for entire communities. They not only face foreclosures, abandonment and home-maintenance issues, but also the variety of problems that surface as a result. In short, families and communities are suffering.
Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative
A variety of housing services are available to help transform communities in need, such as:
- Home preservation for low-income homeowners to refurbish home exteriors with minor repairs, painting, landscaping and weather stripping through A Brush with Kindness.
- Weatherization to make existing houses more energy efficient and affordable and improve indoor air quality.
- Rehabilitation and restoration of vacant and foreclosed properties to sell to families.
- Demolition of unsalvageable properties to combat neighborhood blight.
Transforming and Strengthening Communities through Collaboration
Habitat for Humanity is just one part of a community-wide solution. Collaboration with other local groups is an essential ingredient of the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative. This includes:
- Working with residents and other significant stakeholders in the community to develop a common plan of recovery and vision for the future.
- Forging both formal and informal partnerships and alliances at the local level.
- Joining or forming community coalitions.
- Rallying active neighborhood support.
- Advocating public policy for local housing initiatives.
Together, Habitat for Humanity, neighborhood residents and local partners can change the face of neighborhoods and the lives of the families who live there—forever.
Qualifications for NRI Program Applicants
Homeowners must own and permanently reside in the home to be eligible for the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative program. In addition, they must be within the maximum income levels for their household size listed below:
Some homes may require repairs and renovation work that is too extensive for Lakeland Habitat for Humanity to complete. In those cases, Lakeland Habitat has the right to refuse work that is beyond the scope of this program.
For more information on the NRI program or how to apply, please Contact Us or call us at (863) 682-3812.