Since 1991, Women Build volunteers from all walks of life have come together to build stronger, safer communities.
Coronavirus impact on Women Build events
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Habitat for Humanity’s top priority is the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, partners and the people we serve. As such, Habitat has suspended in-person builds until further notice. Check back here for opportunities to support our mission during this time and updates on building projects.
Women Build events
Our Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
Women Build opportunities are available across the U.S., and any woman who wants to learn how to build and construct a home is invited to join us. No experience is necessary. Volunteers work under the guidance of construction professionals, and also alongside other volunteers and future Habitat homeowners. Whether you are learning new skills or simply adding a few to your tool belt, this is a rewarding experience for all involved, and improves the community that you share.
Women Build is also a terrific way to involve your friends and family of all ages in crucial work with a lasting impact. Women helping women sends a positive and powerful message. You can also come alone, and make new friends. The atmosphere is collaborative and friendly.
There are several ways you can get involved
- Learn new construction skills needed to effectively contribute to Habitat’s mission.
- Build or renovate houses at a Women Build event.
- Join other community volunteers and homeowners to build strength and stability through shelter.
- Call us today to find out if a Women Build is occurring near you.
- Learn about Women Build’s international work.
- Join an international Women Build trip with Global Village.
- Donate to Women Build.